chicken, easy, easy dinner, greek chicken, greek
Greek Chicken Souvalki Skillet
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 rutabaga
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 cup bell peppers
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- topping options: feta cheese, fresh dill, yogurt, tahini, pickled onions
- In a large mixing bowl, make the marinade. ¾ cup lemon juice, 2 cloves garlic, minced, 1 tbsp dried oregano, 1 tsp sea salt, ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, ¼ cup avocado oil.
- Dice chicken into square cubes. Combine with marinade in the large mixing bowl. Let sit.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp avocado oil to the pan. Once heated, add the rutabaga. Let cook for 3 minutes, then flip. Now add the cauliflower, bell peppers, onions, lemon juice, oregano, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss well to combine in skillet. Arrange in an even layer. Cover with lid. Let cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add marinated chicken to the pan of veggies. Mix chicken inbetween veggies in the pan. Let cook for 5-7 minutes. Flip chicken on the other side. Let cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- While cooking, make dressing. Combine in a medium mixing bowl, ¼ c tahini, 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 2 cloves garlic (minced), 1 tbsp maple syrup, ¼ cup water, salt & pepper to taste.
- Once chicken is thoroughly cooked, remove the skillet from heat.
- Portion evenly amongst two plates. Top with feta cheese, olives, fresh dill, yogurt, tahini, and pickled onions however you’d like.
Did you make this recipe?